Comprehensive Care from Highly Trained Stroke Caregivers in North Broward
Strokes are one of the most common causes of disability among older adults, with more than half of all stroke survivors experiencing a second stroke within ten years. To promote a fast and safe recovery and to reduce the risk of secondary stroke, Home Care Assistance of North Broward, FL, offers comprehensive stroke care services to seniors in the comfort of their own homes. All services are provided by our trained and compassionate stroke caregivers and may include:
- Personal CareThe side effects of a stroke can range from minor speech problems to complete paralysis, making personal care activities a challenge and safety issue for a senior stroke survivor. Our stroke caregivers are trained to meet your loved one’s unique needs and assist with bathing, dressing, grooming, and incontinence with the utmost dignity and respect.
- Light HousekeepingYour loved one’s doctor may recommend that he or she stay away from certain household activities like laundry during the recovery period. This is where our hourly and live-in stroke caregivers can step in. They’ll take on all of your loved one’s activities of daily living so regular routines are not interrupted and focus can be placed on a safe, healthy recovery.
- Healthy Meal PreparationDiet is one of the most notable risk factors of stroke, and it’s extremely important that senior stroke survivors adhere to a well-balanced diet that includes lean proteins, fruits and vegetables, and whole grains. Trust our stroke caregivers to assist in preparing healthy meals and feeding if necessary.
- Exercise and Mobility AssistanceTo promote physical functioning after a stroke, our caregivers will encourage their clients to participate in regular physical fitness activities and can help with any exercises recommended by physical therapists. Having a trained stroke caregiver by your loved one’s side can promote safety and reinforce feelings of reassurance and motivation.
- TransportationThere are often a number of required follow-up and therapy appointments that senior stroke survivors are advised to attend. Allow our professional stroke caregivers to provide reliable transportation and accompany your loved one to appointments to ensure all recommended exercise and diet plans are being followed.
Stroke Care Whenever It’s Needed Most
If your aging parent or loved one must remain in the hospital after his or her stroke or is transferred to a nursing home or rehabilitation facility, our hourly and live-in stroke caregivers are available to ensure continuity of care, companionship, and safety. Our stroke caregivers are available 24/7, and you can change or modify your loved one’s care schedule at any time without any additional fees should your loved one continue living at home after the initial recovery period.
To learn more about stroke home care, call North Broward Home Care Assistance at 954-906-5161. We offer complimentary no-obligation consultations and are always available to answer questions.